Careers with DSI
Position Summary: The Project Manager leads and directs the project through the deployment and manipulation of resources (human, financial, and material). This person is responsible for the coordination and completion of projects, overseeing all aspects of projects. The Project Manager sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of projects, and prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects. This person may also lead and direct the work of others in their department.
About DSI: DISYS Solutions Inc. (DSI) is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional. If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you! DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Company Sponsored Employee Benefits: DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where the employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include medical and dental insurance as well as 401(k) with a 3% company match. DSI provides a total of 24.5 days off per annum to include vacation time, sick time, holidays, and a float holiday. DSI also provides life insurance in addition to Short and Long Term Disability insurance.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
- Responsible for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development and performance.
- Work with multiple teams to analyze, document, and drive project plans through to completion for a large enterprise infrastructure upgrades and migrations.
- Manage resource utilization and allocation to ensure all projects have the correct resources assigned with the appropriate skill sets and capacity to deliver a quality product.
- Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements; interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
- Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management.
- Travel to existing customer locations to manage the implementation.
- Prepare and provide documentation of all client meetings, including a follow-up action plan.
- Analyze computer needs of business establishments and government entities using knowledge of IT industry and available products.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Minimum of 5-7 years IT Project Management experience.
- B.S. degree required: Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Experience managing a Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Demonstrated experience managing projects within the IT Infrastructure space (server, operating systems, virtualization, security, wireless, voice/collaboration and routing and switch).
- Project Management candidates with Network Infrastructure PM work experience preferred.
- Excellent writing, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to take initiative and perform independent initial problem solving; be resourceful and prioritize and organize daily activities; attention to detail is a must.
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer